Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pirate Wednesday - Pyrats


Ok, I'm trying to make up for two weeks of neglect, but I'm flying a little blind today. I totally meant to do this last night but I got caught up playing World of Warcraft.
(lvl28 horde pally on Shandris, email me 4 char name! LoLz!)

There is a QuickTime movie below. I do not have the QuickTime plugin at work, so to me it looks like a big broken box. Hopefully it works for everyone else. I guess lemme know in comments if it's fubar and I'll do what I can.

The movie is called Pyrats, and it kicks fucking ass. From the official website:

"Pyrats" is an animated short film made by 5 french students from the animation school
"Gobelins l'├ęcole de l'image" in Paris ,FRANCE.

It was made as an opening short done for the Annecy 2006 international animation festival.
The movie was completed in 7 months (including screenplay, storyboard and designs).
The technique is basically 2D traditionnal [sic] animation with some scenes helped by 3D and flash
.

Watch the full size version here (friggin' small blogger columns...) and watch some neat 'making of' montages here.

Enjoy! (double click to start)

No comments: