Thursday, January 24, 2008

100th Birthday and the Coolest Thing Ever

So this is my 100th post! That's pretty cool. When I first started I said "If I start collecting an audience I promise to write more often, and about more important things, but if no one cares then what's the point eh?" Yet here I am, 100 posts later, with almost the same number of readers (thanks Dave!). I dunno, I kinda like it though. I think I'm going to keep it up for a while.

What better subject for such a landmark post than this really cool article from the BBC.

At least 100,000 deaths from ovarian cancer have been prevented in the UK by the contraceptive pill over 50 years, research has concluded.
What a great way to look at it. Let's just ignore everything bad in the world (i.e. the subjects of most of my other 99 posts) and reflect on that for a minute. It's a pretty OK world... We can grow new hearts, create synthetic life, feed billions of people, and keep 100,000 British women cancer-free. Fuck yeah.

1 comment:

Dave Foree said...

Fuck yeah, indeed.

Thanks for the many months of good stuff - Keep it up.