Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Pirate Wednesday - George Harrison


A while ago I mentioned that the Maritime Commercial Crime Services puts out a weekly report, and that I'd keep on top of it. I've been a little slack with that (hell, I've been slack with PW in general) so briefly, here are some highlights from the past week.


09.01.2008: Bonny River, Nigeria.
Gunmen suspected to be militants in a speedboat attacked a supply ship underway. They fired upon the vessel indiscriminately wounding three crewmembers. The injured crew was taken to hospital for treatment.

16.01.2008: 1345 LT: 16:58.17N - 082:24.26E, Kakinada OPL, India.
Pirates in a small craft came alongside a tug, underway, towing a barge. They stole ship's stores. Alert crew raised alarm, crew mustered and took back the stolen stores and pushed the pirates back to their craft. The pirates boarded the barge and left after 20 minutes. Local agent informed.

I like how the crew "mustered" and chased off the pirates. I bet they just felt like the kings of the world after that. What a rush. It's still amazing to me, though, how the pirates escape scot free virtually every time. His noodliness smiles upon them.

But enough of that! Here's a video of my favourite Beatle, George Harrison, showing his true colours with Monty Python. I love everything about this clip.

2 comments:

Jeffery Simpson said...

Actually it's from a show called Rutland Weekend Televison. It's got Eric Idle and a Monty Python feel to it, but it's not MP.

Jolly Bloger said...

I stand corrected. Thanks for the comment!