Friday, September 26, 2008

Emergency Pirate Post

Holy shit people! I know it's not Wednesday, but there is some pirate news that demands immediate attention.


In a dramatic push for legitimacy, the notorious Somali pirates have seized a cache of weapons. This is big! I think they deserve to be taken seriously now - I hereby induct Somalian pirates into the annals of True Piracy.

But I haven't even gotten to the best part yet. The weapons cache is a shipload of tanks on its way from the Ukraine to Kenya, in order to help fight piracy and terrorism in Africa. Irony! Now the tanks will be held for ransom, which will almost surely be paid, as is the nature of ransom, and those funds will go directly into the pockets of the very pirates and terrorists the tanks were meant to oppose!

Here are a bunch of links. I will be following this story, and I'll keep you updated throughout the week. This may turn out to be an entire week's worth of Wednesdays.

Unrelated bonus: sunken treasure!

No comments: